Booking flights to Barcelona
Article updated 15 April, 2019.
Many different airlines fly into and out of Barcelona. Book early and compare different options to get the best prices!
Planning to fly to Barcelona? We strongly recommend booking your flight in plenty of time – that way, you stand a better chance of getting a good deal. The cheapest tickets sell out fast and prices can skyrocket closer to the time.
- Book a flight mid-week if you can: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are usually the cheapest days to travel.
- Book in seconds and at the cheapest possible price using the flight comparison tool below.
- Obviously, if your preferred departure airport isn’t listed, just open one of the links and change it!
Useful information: airlines
Reputed Catalan airline running direct flights from several countries.
- The other advantage is that Vueling also offers budget-friendly flights from Barcelona to other cities in Spain.
Air Transat is a Canadian airline which runs regular flights between Barcelona and Toronto or Montreal.
Iberia offers a range of direct flights from Paris and other major cities in France, from Brussels, Geneva and Zurich, some of the bigger cities in North Africa, and Canada.
- Shorter flights (under 2 hours) generally operate out of Barcelona El Prat terminal 1.
- EasyJet has a more flexible booking system than many other airlines – for example, you can change your flight time after booking (for a fee). You can also choose your seat ahead of time (for around 5 euros).
- The airline operates direct flights from several European airports at budget-friendly prices. The check-in desks in Barcelona are at Terminal 2C.
Ryanair: handle with care
Ryanair is an Irish airline offering unbeatable prices if you book well in advance. However, there’s also a downside, notably in terms of the quality of service.
- When booking, make sure you check the name of the arrival airport.
- Many Ryanair flights operate through Girona airport rather than Barcelona itself. As Girona is 103km away, allow 1h20 to get into Barcelona. This is not a particularly practical option and you’ll need to take the price of the transfer into account (around 15 euros one way). Remember to factor in the cost of getting to your departure airport, too!
Barcelona El Prat airport
Barcelona El Prat (BCN) airport is just 16 km from the city centre. There are two terminals, both with excellent transport links into the city.
- Need tips on transfers between the airport and the city centre? We’ve got you covered!
- Click here to calculate an itinerary from the airport to your hotel
Like this article?