Articketbcn: a passport to art in Barcelona: 6 museums/ 1 ticket
Article updated 7 June, 2019.
Are you a culture vulture? Do you hate queueing? The articketbcn may have the answer, giving access to 6 cultural institutions across Barcelona.
ARTICKETBCN is a ticket which gives you access to the permanent and temporary exhibitions at six museums across Barcelona. It’s valid for 1 year from the date of your first visit.
For a one-off payment of 30 euros, you gain access to:
6 cultural and artistic institutions
1-The Antoni Tàpies Foundation
- Where? Aragó, 255
An art centre created by the Catalan painter Antoni Tàpies, housed in a modern building with an impressive and unusual façade. The centre organises temporary exhibitions. For more details, see our article on the Tàpies foundation.
2-Barcelona Contemporary Culture Centre (CCCB)
- Where? Montalegre, 5
A fascinating centre housing exhibitions and artistic activities, including films, dance, shows and music. See our article on the CCCB.
3-The Joan Miró Foundation
- Where? Parc de Montjuïc
Houses the best collection of Joan Miró’s work (paintings, sculptures and the complete graphic works) in addition to temporary exhibitions which are often very interesting.
We’ve written a whole article on the subject: read it here.
4-National Art Museum of Catalonia- MNAC
- Where? Palau Nacional, Parc de Montjuïc
A museum covering 1000 years of Catalan art, from the 11th to the 20th Century. For more details, see our article on the subject.
5-Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art – MACBA
- Where? Plaça dels Angels (Raval quarter)
A modern building housing pieces from the last 50 years. See this article for more details.
6-The Picasso Museum
- Where? Montcada, 15-23 (quartier du Born)
A valuable aid in understanding the artist and his vision of Barcelona. For more information on the museum, see our article.
Where to buy your articketbcn
Through the official Articketbcn website.
NB: in June, during the Sónar festival, the articketbcn will not necessarily get you into the CCCB and the MACBA. Something to bear in mind if you’re planning to visit Barcelona during this period.
Articketbcn: is it for you?
- If you would normally get reduced-price entry (for example for students or 16-25 year-olds), you won’t save much by using the articketbcn, particularly if you don’t intend to visit everything.
- For children and the over-65s, the articketbcn isn’t worth it – entrance to museums is often free for these age groups.
- If you’re aged between 25 and 65 and want to discover the cultural and artistic side of Barcelona, then buying an articketbcn will save you quite a bit compared to the entrance prices of the institutions in question. Obviously, the more sites you visit, the more you’ll save.
- Good news: the articketbcn also gets you queue-jumping privileges, a significant perk during the high season.
Over to you!
Like this article?