Barcelona by Bike tours: a fun and educational way to discover the city’s cultural gems
Article updated 16 November, 2018.
Looking for a fun way of discovering Barcelona under your own steam? Join a bike tour and enjoy a ride through the historic and artistic heart of the city!
metro: Barceloneta (L4)
11am and 4pm
€20 for under-15s
€22 for adults
For a tour which combines culture with fun
The warm, dry climate and an extensive network of cycle lanes mean that exploring Barcelona by bike is a great option! Join a guided bike tour for a fun, educational way of getting to know the city.
Guided bike tours: ready to ride?
It’s hard to know where to start in a place with so much to discover. Barcelona’s rich and varied cultural heritage mean that the city is practically an open-air museum in its own right, with something for absolutely everyone. With so much to see, we think a guided tour is a great way of getting straight to the heart of the place!
Walking everywhere can be hard work, so this cycle tour is a great option, taking you from Roman architecture to modernism via gothic art in a matter of minutes! The guide offers a wealth of fascinating tales and information, and will introduce you to some of Barcelona’s most interesting urban legends.
- Among other unexpected surprises, we got to see the remains of the aqueduct which supplied water to the Roman settlement in Barcelona – just one of many exciting discoveries!
Bike tours: itinerary
The tour starts in the Born, one of the quarters of the Old Town, before heading through the Ciutadella park and the surrounding area. Next comes the Sagrada Familia and two of Gaudí’s other famous works (La Pedrera and Casa Batlló), then it’s on to the historic gothic quarter. The return journey takes you along the sea front around the old port.
- This packed itinerary will give you a glimpse of Barcelona’s rich architectural heritage throughout the ages, whilst introducing you to different quarters of the city.
- In some cases, the route can be varied to suit your interests – if there’s something you particularly want to see, let the guide know, and they’ll see what can be done.
A professional, enthusiastic team
- The tours are run by passionate expert guides, all local residents – either native inhabitants or long-term expats, enthusiastic about helping others to discover their beloved city.
- Safety is a priority: almost all of the route follows cycle lanes or pedestrianised streets.
Barcelona by Bike: useful information
- 22 euros for adults
- 20 euros for under-15s
Times and durations
- Duration: 3 hours
- Tours run every day, starting at 11am or 4pm
- There’s a minimum group size of 4 and a maximum of 15
- Important: make sure you arrive ten minutes before the tour is due to start!
Good to know:
- Helmets and child seats are provided. You’ll also be given a bottle of water.
- The route is designed to offer an easy ride.
- The meeting point is at a cycle hire centre in the Born, a stone’s throw from the Barceloneta metro station.
- Tours are available in English, Spanish, Italian, German, French and Dutch.
- We recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing – and remember the sun cream in summer!
Like this article?