Furniture and decoration shops in Barcelona: our top tips
Are you looking for shops in Barcelona to help you decorate your cosy new nest? Here are a few ideas to get you started!
If you’ve recently moved to Barcelona, after finding an apartment, you will need to arrange it to suit your tastes, starting with a tour of the city’s best decoration shops. Here are our favourites!
Spanish decoration shops in Barcelona
- Zara home: here you will find decoration, dishes, linens as well as small items of furniture and rugs at reasonable prices (around 30% cheaper than in some other European countries).
- Pilma: This fairly high end Barcelona chain offers a wide range of stylishly designed furniture.
- Casa viva: With a more classic style than Zara home, Casa viva focuses a little less on decorative accessories, and you will find more linens, dishes, small furniture, kitchen accessories and a terrace section for barbecues.
French decoration shops in Barcelona a
- Maisons du Monde: the famous French decoration brand is known for romantic, exotic or industrial-style furniture and home accessories.
- Habitat: there is a large Habitat on the Diagonal, with an ample range of furniture and home accessories.
- Roche-Bobois: sofas, tables, buffets, consoles, chairs, outdoor furniture…all the high end collection items have an impeccable finish, contemporary style and a high price.
Small and original decoration boutiques in Barcelona
- Home on Earth: a small boutique selling home items made in Nepal with a fair trade focus. You will find pretty lamps made from coconut, tea sets, hammocks, and candles, all in a very cosy atmosphere!
- Natura: a super boutique that we have previously mentioned here. Most shops focus on gadgets, clothes and/or accessories but the Natura on the Diagonal also offers furniture and tableware.
- La variété: almost all of the articles (baskets, hooks, lamps…) are made from wood or bamboo. More information here.
- Carolina Blue: decoration mixing a Scandinavian atmosphere and a gustavian style. More information here.
- Fantastik: a kitsch and retro shop! This little bazaar is full of accessories from Mexico, China, India and other far off countries.
Cheap decoration shops in Barcelona
- Muy mucho: a shop where you can find cushions, pretty storage accessories, boxes, tableware and kitchen utensils, all at a low price!
- Tiger: a sort of cross between a mini Ikea and a Chinese bazaar. You might leave with your arms full! More info here.
- Deko Palace: Deko Palace is a lot like Muy mucho, but on a larger scale. Its big bonus is that you can order custom-made furniture based on existing models.
Stylish design decoration shops in Barcelona
- Jaime Beriestain: a shop that combines attractive furniture, accessories, tableware, books on the art of living…and a café/restaurant with a unique decor that’s difficult to resist!
- Mar de cava: somewhere between a shop, studio and gallery Mar de Cava is actually a showroom where brands and collections are arranged in an ephemeral style. The items range from furniture to gadgets but what they all have in common is an original and considered design style and a unique history.
- Cubiñá: Like Vinçon, Cubiñá is more than just a simple boutique as it’s located in the Casa Thomas, a sublime building by Domenech i Montaner (like the Sant Pau hospital). And the furniture sold here is worthy of the surroundings!
- Doméstico: all the design classics of the 1960s are found here. A timeless atmosphere fitting of Mad Men!
Vintage and second hand decoration shops in Barcelona
- Mercantic: Located in Sant Cugat, Mercantic is a market that’s bursting with charm. And there’s something here for everyone! Find out more in our article on vintage markets.
- Encants: this Barcelona flea market is one of the oldest in Europe. However it is located in a bright new building with a particularly striking architecture.
- Otranto: if you want to give your apartment some of that old fashioned Eixample charm without breaking the bank, Otranto might be right up your street! Hydraulic ceramic tiles, antique door frames or even stylish and unique taps…you will be surprised by the wonders you can find amid the chaos here.
Large furniture, DIY and decoration shops in Barcelona
- Ikea, Leroy Merlin, Conforama: these big names are located in the Montigalà area, after Badalona. Another Ikea is accessible by bus (nº46, which goes to the airport), on the Gran Via de L’Hospitalet.
- Servei Estació: this is a DIY, decoration and creative hobbies shop in the city centre right near the Passeig de Gràcia. It is more expensive than those in the suburbs but it can save you a lot of time. It has a car park for customers that’s free if you spend more than 10 euro in store, but be warned, it’s not easy to access.
Like this article?