Hotel Ibis Style Centre: modern, original and well situated in Barcelona
Article updated 16 November, 2018.
The Ibis Style Centre is completely new, well-located, and very unusual. What more could you ask for?
Carrer de Provença 340
Metro Diagonal (L3 et L5) or Verdaguer (L4 et L5)
from 84 euros
for its original decor and design
Do not expect to find a hotel Ibis like most others. The hotel Ibis Style Centre, open since 1st March 2016, has a lot of surprises in store.
The decoration in the hotel Ibis Style Centre
The decoration in the hotel Ibis Style will definitely make an impact, and if you’ve ever been to Barcelona before, it may even remind you of something. If that’s not the case, just look down!
The theme of the hotel is the paving stones in Barcelona: panots in Catalan.
Little history of the Panots
The best known panots are those with a four-petaled flower and those with four circles, also called “chocolate drops”. Made of cement, water and sand, they measure 20 x 20 cm and are 4 cm thick. Installed at the beginning of the 20th Century, they are found all over the Eixample, the modernist part of Barcelona.
The hexagonal panot is called the “panot de Gaudí” as it is a replica of that imagined by the famous Catalan architect. In 1997, the city paid homage to Gaudí by decorating the Passeig de Gràcia with copies of his famous panot.
The location of the hotel Ibis Style Centre
Lovers of Art Nouveau will particularly appreciate the exceptional location of this hotel Ibis. Ideally located in the Eixample, it is walking distance to the Sagrada Familia and also just a few hundred metres from some of Gaudí’s masterpieces, such as the Casa Batlló and La Pedrera.
- The is a very well served area in terms of public transport, as the metro stations Verdaguer and Diagonal are right beside it.
- Numerous modernist buildings encountered in our Free walk in the footsteps of Catalan Art Nouveau are found in the area, so look out for them!
- The hotel is also close to Gràcia, a bohemian area full of charm! And you will find numerous nice bars and restaurants nearby.
Common areas of the hotel Ibis Style Centre
From the entrance you feel that Barcelona is at your feet, as alongside the brightly coloured poufs and cushions in the little relaxation corner in reception, the hexagonal paving stones of the Passeig de Gràcia run along the floor, the bar and the walls.
Every morning a breakfast buffet is offered in the large colourful dining room.
- Good news: Breakfast is included in the room rate. There is a continental buffet offering cereals, pastries, toast, eggs, and hot and cold drinks…Enjoy!
Rooms at the hotel Ibis Style Centre
- All the hotel rooms cost the same and are of the same standard. Air conditioned and well arranged, they are designed for 2 people and all have a bathroom with shower.
- However, the rooms are not all identical! The decor varies from floor to floor, as well as the panot referred to in the design.
- The views from the rooms are very different depending on the height and the direction they face: they either face onto a shaft of light, the Diagonal Avenue, or onto a patio de Manzana (name given to the large internal courtyard).
- We recommend the rooms that give onto the patio or the avenue as they are brighter and have a great view of Casa de les Punxes, the superb modernist building shown in the above photo.
- Rooms that give onto the Diagonal avenue are very well soundproofed so you can sleep soundly!
- Some rooms also have a little terrace.
Little extras at the hotel Ibis Style Centre
- The hotel is completely new
- The decoration, which echos different aspects of Barcelona (paving stones, beach and sunny colours) is original and considered.
- Breakfast is included in the price (which is almost never the case in Barcelona)
- The hotel is adapted to people with reduced mobility and offers three rooms with disabled access.
- The location is perfect for lovers of Art Nouveau.
- All the rooms have heating and air conditioning
- The hotel accepts animals (average 10 euro supplement).
- Breakfast is from 7am to 10:30 during the week and from 7am to 11am at the weekend.
- There is no restaurant, but there are many in the local area which are very nice.
- A luggage service allows you to leave your bags at the hotel after check-out
- All the rooms are non-smoking
- The minimum price is 84 euros per room, but it depends on the events organised in the city.
- Don’t leave it too late to book! If you book at least 30 days in advance, you can find interesting offers. And if you are or if you become a member of the Accor group you can even enjoy further reductions.
Like this article?