Tried and tested: tailored tours of Barcelona with a private guide
Article updated 25 November, 2019.
A private guided tour tailored to your needs and wishes is a great way to get to the very heart of Barcelona. Read on for more details!
It’s not always easy to get to the very heart of Barcelona – the city hides some of its secrets well! The best way of truly getting to know the Catalan capital is a guided tour with José, a friendly and knowledgeable professional guide who knows the city inside out.
All of José’s tours are wheelchair-accessible.
1. Visit Barcelona: Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell with a private guide (3h)
Why not take a combined tour of Sagrada Familia and Parc Güell? Widely considered to be Gaudí’s most important works (and both classified UNESCO world heritage sites), they provide a good overview of the architect’s work and will help you understand just why he’s so famous.
The combined tour will introduce you to two main aspects of Gaudí’s work. Be blown away by his artistic vision at Sagrada Familia, then admire the explosion of shapes and colours at Parc Güell, with its fairytale architecture and even a Greek temple!
- By booking fast-track tickets in advance, you avoid having to queue, and you won’t be caught out by the hourly and daily visitor quotas.
- Optimize your visit: avoid wasting time during the journey, and get right to the heart of the park.
- By taking a private, tailored tour, everything will be adapted to suit your rhythms and preferences!
Price and duration of the tour
2. A whistlestop tour of Barcelona: Art Nouveau, Las Ramblas and the gothic quarter (3h)
This tour starts on the famous Passeig de Gràcia, where you’ll discover a number of incredible buildings designed by Gaudí and his modernist contemporaries. Next, onto Las Ramblas, known for its living statues and flower vendors, along with the mercat de la Boqueria, and a number of hidden treasures. A treat for all the senses, with the sights, sounds, smells and savours of Barcelona!
- See Barcelona’s main tourist thoroughfares in a different light, getting right to the heart of things.
- These private tours are designed exclusively for your group of family or friends. If you have particular wishes or needs, the guide will adapt to your rhythms, helping you to get the very most out of the tour.
- Visits for groups of between 1 and 6 cost 195 euros. For groups of 7 or more, contact us for a competitive quote.
3. Barcelona in 4 hours with a private guide
This tour is specially designed for travellers who are only in Barcelona for a few hours – for example on the way to somewhere else. It’s also suitable for anyone wanting a truly unique, private tour experience. The tour lasts 4h and is completely tailored to your needs and wishes.
The tour costs €250 (for groups of between 1 and 6 – contact us for groups of 7 or more), plus the price of tickets to anywhere you want to visit, and travel costs. Allow around €35 if you’re planning on taking taxis, or around €10 if you prefer to take the bus. In this case, you’ll have less time for visiting, but it works out considerably cheaper – your call!
4. Other private tours
José’s “main” tours have all been covered in separate articles:
It’s up to you now! 🙂
Like this article?