Menswear shopping in Barcelona: hints and tips
Planning on shopping for menswear in Barcelona? There's plenty of choice! Here, for your shopping pleasure, are our top picks.
Barcelona is well-known as a shopping destination, and for good reason. We’ve already talked about the best places to shop for womenswear in Barcelona, so it’s only fair that we should do the same for men…
Menswear shopping in Barcelona: big brands
Barcelona is a vibrant and creative city, and lots of designers have started their careers here. Make the most of your trip to restock your wardrobe with things you won’t find elsewhere.
- Nuovum: this multi-brand store carries collections by several local designers. Part of the store is given over to accessories and decorative objects, whilst another area is dedicated to street-style menswear, with T-shirts, polo shirts and sweatshirts. See our article on Nuovum.
- Maians: Maians is a local company which produces stylish and casual shoes. Well worth a visit!
- The Rent Shop: a boutique shop for fans of sophisticated casual-chic style.
- Fyord: an elegant, fairly “classic” range offering good value for money, with a focus on shirts, jackets and trousers.
- Furest: Furest is one of Barcelona’s most iconic menswear shops. Founded in 1898, it targets an elegant and high-end clientele.
- Vintage shops: the vintage shops in the Raval (Carrer de la Riera Baixa) carry a varied and interesting range of menswear
- FC Barcelona stores: a must for football fans! Read our article on official Barcelona FC stores.
- Zara, Massimo Dutti, Mango: probably the best-known Spanish brands on the international stage. These giants of the ready-to-wear industry attract consumers from a wide range of backgrounds thanks to their varied collections and reasonable prices. Note that prices at Zara and Massimo Dutti, in particular, are lower in Spain than in other countries.
- Bershka, Pull and Bear: budget brands which target the younger generation (15-30s).
- Adolfo Dominguez: Adolfo Dominguez aims to provide “accessible luxury”, with well-cut garments at reasonable prices.
- El Corte Inglés: a chain of large stores found across the city, featuring a range of Spanish and international brands with a wide range of prices.
- Replay, Diesel, Energie: Italian brands, well-known for their perfectly-cut jeans, but with a lot more to offer!
- Lacoste: the French brand is also present in Barcelona.
- Nike, Adidas: two big sportswear brands with stores a stone’s throw from one another in Barcelona.
This list is obviously not exhaustive, and you’ll find stores from plenty of international brands in Barcelona, particularly around the Passeig de Gràcia in the Eixample.
Shopping for menswear in Barcelona: reductions, hints and tips
Looking for tips for budget-friendly shopping in and around Barcelona?
- Sales in Barcelona are held from early January until the end of February, and from early July until the end of August. It’s best to go during the first three weeks – there won’t be much left by the end. Mid-season sales are also held in April and November. For more information, see our article on sales in Barcelona.
- Outlets are a great place to find end-of-line stock at low prices. Heaven for fashion fans on a budget! For more information, see our article on outlet shopping.
- La Roca Village: 30 minutes from Barcelona, La Roca Village is a shopping centre packed with big brand outlets, offering reductions of up to 70%. The cherry on the cake is that the Nike Factory Shop is also nearby. Bargains ahoy!
- Finally, if you live outside the EU, you can get VAT back on your shopping.
Make the most of the opportunity for retail therapy – and have fun!
Like this article?