Women’s clothes shopping in Barcelona: the shops you absolutely must know about
Article updated 14 June, 2019.
If you're looking for great shops and shopping top tips for women in Barcelona, then this article is for you. Follow us!
This article on shopping for women’s fashions will give you a few tips to help you leave Barcelona with a suitcase full of bargains!
Shopping for women’s fashions in Barcelona: unmissable brands
Local brands and shops
Barcelona is a city bursting with designers who have their own shops full of ready to wear clothes and accessories. You’re sure to uncover some real gems! The prices are mostly reasonable, and at the very least they correspond to the quality on offer.
The areas with the most local labels are the Gòtic, the Born, the Raval and Gràcia (around Torrent de l’Olla street). The following are some of our favourites:
- Med Winds: created in the Raval, this 100% local label evokes the Mediterranean lifestyle. The collections are carefully chosen and all produced on the Mediterranean coast, principally in Spain and Italy. The items are minimalist, comfortable and good quality. The address? Carrer Elisabets 7, Raval (metro Universitat or Liceu).
- Lantoki: this is an unusual concept as Lantoki is half-boutique, half-fashion studio. All of the clothes on sale are produced in the store and are made up of fashion basics and classic items.
- Novedades Dorins: Novedades Dorins, is a one way trip to the 60s ad 70s. Judge for yourself, reading our article on Novedades Dorins.
- Dr Bloom: the product of a collaboration of 3 Catalan friends, Dr Bloom is a bright, creative brand. The collection, which is renewed every two weeks, is aimed at modern, optimistic women who love fashion and colour. There are many Dr Bloom boutiques in Barcelona: Carrer Rec 20 (Born), Rambla Catalunya 30 (Eixample), Plaza Sarriá 14 (Sarriá) and in the L’Illa shopping centre (Les Corts).
Many Spanish labels are known internationally, as many fashion giants happen to be originally Hispanic brands. The good news is they are often less expensive than in other European countries with up to 30% off during sales. A bargain!
- Zara, Massimo Dutti, Mango: these very reasonably priced brands are aimed at very fashion-conscious women who like to regularly change their wardrobe.
- Bershka, Stradivarius, Pull and Bear: these low-cost brands are mostly aimed at a very young clientele (15-30 years old).
- Shana, Blanco, Lefties: Even cheaper than Bershka and Stradivarius, these brands are favourites among women and girls aged 15 to 20.
- Oysho: a brand specialising in underwear, pyjamas, swimwear and hosiery at great prices, and with a very nice range of styles.
- Bimba & Lola: an original and creative brand mostly known for jewelry and leather goods. The styles are colourful and the finishes are impeccable. The boutique we show on the map is located in the Bulevard Rosa shopping centre.
- Nice things: soft materials and comfortable cuts are the two traits that characterise Nice Things, a family business created in 1995 in Barcelona. It is aimed at women and girls of all ages.
- Custo, Desigual: these are the most colourful brands in our selection! If you like patterns and original materials you will be very happy at Custo or Desigual. Although you should bear in mind that Custo is more expensive and a bit more high end than Desigual.
- Ese o ese, Código básico: Barcelona brands specialising in very pretty basics, pastel colours and materials that are very pleasant to wear.
- Adolfo Dominguez: a chic label for modern women aged 30 plus.
All of these labels have multiple boutiques around the city. Don’t hesitate to check out their websites to find the boutique that’s closest to you.
As well as local and Spanish brands you will also find international brands such as H&M, Uniqlo, luxury labels (on the Passeig de Gràcia), and French labels (Claudie Pierlot, Maje, Sandro, Comptoir des Cotonniers, Sergent major, Petit bateau…). These are concentrated mostly near the Passeig de Gràcia, on Valencia street, Consell de Cent and the Rambla Catalunya.
The Irish brand Primark known for its very low prices, is available in two shopping centres in Barcelona: l’Illa and Diagonal Mar. You will find the locations on the map at the bottom of this article.
Women’s fashion shopping in Barcelona: discounts and top tips.
Finally, here are a few shopping top tips to help you get the best deals and really enjoy your shopping in Barcelona:
- Barcelona outlets: In Barcelona, there are numerous “outlets”, or shops selling end of line items at knock-down prices. See our article on outlet stores for everything you need to know.
- Barcelona sales: here, sales run from the beginning of January to the end of February and beginning of July to the end of August. Mid-season sales generally take place between mid-April and mid-November.
- La Roca Village: looking for bargains? Plan a trip to La Roca Village, 30 minutes from Barcelona. It’s a nice shopping centre built like a little village and it brings together prestigious brands with very enticing discounts.
- Finally, if you live outside the European Union, remember you can get a VAT refund on your purchases.
Like this article?