Many of Barcelona's museums are offering free entry on 15th May 2021! Make the most of the opportunity and enjoy the special activities on offer!
Free Museum Night: 15th May 2021 from 7pm to 1am
To discover some of Barcelona's many museums for free
If your “museum” budget doesn’t stretch as far as you’d like, or if you’ve always dreamed of exploring some of Barcelona’s many museums at night, you won’t want to miss the Free Museums events held in the city!
Free access to museums in Barcelona: International Museum Day 2021
International Museum Day was established in 1977 to highlight the essential role of museums in the cultural landscape. In previous years, the event has featured over 35,000 museums in over 145 different countries.
In Barcelona, you will be able to visit the permanent exhibitions of the Design Museum for free and the Picasso Museum will also be free, but you need to register in advance and bring the ticket printed. The MNAC will be free and the MACBA too.
- For more choice and a whole host of fun activities to boot, though, Museums Night is hard to beat!
Free entry to museums in Barcelona: Museums Night 2021
Museums Night is an Europe-wide initiative, launched in 2005, with the same aim as Museums Day – encouraging the public to discover the cultural treasures of different cities.
On Saturday 15th May, many of Barcelona’s museums will offer free access from 7pm until 1am. There are also a number of exceptional events, including film screenings, workshops for children and teenagers, guided tours, shows and treasure hunts!
The (non-exhaustive) list of participants in Barcelona includes:
- The Miró Foundation
- Montjuïc castle
- The Antoni Tàpies Foundation
- Museu Blau
- The Chocolate Museum
- Barcelona Museum of Modernism
- Barcelona FC Museum
- Barcelona Maritime Museum
- The Picasso Museum (you need to register in advance on the web of the museum, there is a limited number of tickets. It’s compulsory to bring the ticket printed)
- Palau Güell
- Museums Night targets a very broad public. A huge number of museums are involved, and there are activities on offer for all ages!
- See here for a full list of participating museums in Barcelona and the activities on offer.
- Museums Night events are also held in other towns and cities near Barcelona, including Badalona and l’Hospitalet.
- This event is very popular in Barcelona, so be prepared to queue to visit the museums.
So – where first?
You may also like
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 2 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Olivia has always loved Barcelona: its modernity, the fantastic climate, the sun, the beaches, the tiny winding streets of the Gothic quarter, the joyful and festive atmosphere… Like all the best love stories, this one ends “happily ever after”, and Olivia has now set up home in the Catalan capital.