Carnet Jove: heaps of treats for young people from 12-30 living in Barcelona
If you live in Barcelona and you're between 12 and 30 years old then hurry and get your Carnet Jove! This youth card will give you access to lots of top tips!
The Carnet Jove is a service provided by the Generalitat de Catalunya for young people aged between 12 and 30, providing advantages and reductions on various services. It is also valid in the other Spanish communities and in more than 30 countries, as it’s the equivalent of the European Youth Card.
The Carnet Jove and its many reductions
The Carnet Jove costs €7.90 per year and offers more than 8000 reductions of all types:
- Culture: cinema, theatres, film libraries, performance halls like the Palau de la Música or the Mercat de les flors, etc.
- Leisure: aquarium, zoo, ice rink, Tibidabo, Poble Espanyol, bowling, Port Aventura…
- Art and museums: Miró foundation, CCCB, Caixaforum, MACBA, Sagrada Familia, MNAC, Tàpies foundation, Catalan museum of modernism, chocolate museum, Egyptian museum…
- Technology: photography and phone shops, website design and technical services…
- Beauty: salons and hairdressers…
- Fashion: clothes, shoes and accessories shops
- Health: dental clinics, nutritionists, dermatologists, laser eye surgery, psychologists, opticians…
- Restaurants: some restaurants and chains such as Telepizza, Subway, Pans & company, KFC…
Discounts vary from 10 to 50%. Note what reductions apply, for example not all cinemas in Barcelona offer a discount on presentation of a Carnet Jove.
Obtaining a Carnet Jove and validity
How to get a Carnet Jove?
You can request your card on the Carnet Jove website. You will then need to go collect it in the La Caixa branch that you have specified. You can also go through the whole process in any La Caixa branch.
The Carnet Jove can be requested at any time if you meet two conditions: you are aged between 12 and 30 (inclusive) and you can pay €7.90.
Validity of the Carnet Jove
The length of validity of the Carnet Jove depends on when you request it:
- If you request it between January and September, it is valid until the 31st of December of the same year.
- If you request it between October and December it is valid until the 31st of December of the following year.
In either case the Carnet Jove ceases to be valid when you turn 31.
Pack Jove Virtual: even more discounts with the mobile app
Looking for even more top tips? Easy! Download the Carnet Jove app on your mobile and you can easily find top tips and discounts around you due to the geolocation service.
The app also give you access to further reductions due to a collection system that provides offers such as 2 for 1, 50% discounts, free offers or reduced prices in certain places.
So, what are you waiting for?
Like this article?
5.00/5 - 6 vote(s)
You may also like
About the author
Pauline loves books, food and new discoveries. For her articles, she loves finding original and authentic places which are a treat for both the eyes and the tastebuds. Her favourite thing to do in Barcelona? Getting lost in the Old Town and soaking up its unique atmosphere... whilst enjoying the appetising smells emerging from restaurant kitchens! Is there anything better than that?